Role: Sr Java Developer
The ideal candidate will develop quality software used by Field and Ops users and is proficient with various Object-Oriented development tools and techniques. The individual should be highly experienced with Core Java development, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM WebSphere MQ Series and related frameworks, possess good problem-solving skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, develop high quality code and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications.
· Responsible for the hands-on design and development of core Java applications as part of the Trading Solutions Agile Squad / DBA Fleet.
· Ensure developed code is in alignment with system architecture and integration design standards, working with an enterprise framework.
· Responsible for making sure the stable code will go in prod.
· Analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
· Interface with global team of developers and business users.
· Produce proof of concept in the new areas of development.
· Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
· Investigate production issues.
· Provide technical support for debugging web applications, database and assistance to production systems.
· The candidate will support continuous improvement of the automated systems. Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation)
· Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
· 5+ years of hands-on professional experience using Core Java, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, IBM Websphere MQ Series and related frameworks.
· Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
· Strong Core Java (Collections / Data Structures, OOPS Concepts, Generics, Lambda, Multi-Threading) Java 8
· Good Communication skills and positive attitude
· Good understanding of integration frameworks technologies (Messaging / Streaming (MQ / Kafka), Web Services (REST / SOAP), Batch Processing (Spring Batch)
· Understanding of Web based architectures and understand various type of authentication mechanisms [e.g., Cookie based authentication, Token based authentication, etc.] and authorization mechanisms
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experienced with JUnit, Test Driven Development (TDD) using Concord ion framework, and Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber and Gherkin.
· Competency with source control (preferably Git) and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
· Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies & understanding of DevOps Integration
Key skill Required
- Java Web Services